WR121 Portfolio Description
Students demonstrate proficiency through the creation of a writing portfolio that includes the following:
- Written responses to two in-class, on-demand essays using provided resource material.
- An annotated bibliography of 5 sources (minimum)
- A draft with formative feedback
- An essay revised from one of the on-demand pieces: 4‐5 pp. (1,200-1,500 words) with Works Cited page with at least 3 sources. At least one source must be from Academic One (or scholarly and peer-reviewed).
- The essay should be in 12-point font with regular margins and MLA-style citations.
- A reflection cover letter that documents writing knowledge and growth as a writer (minimum 4 pp.).
- Writing surveys (pre- and post-)
- All items should be dated and presented in MLA format.